Floor coverings in modern layout are represented by many different materials, many of which resemble natural wood in their own characteristics. The top place among this chic assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using natural raw materials. As a result of abundant choice of textures and colors, such flooring appear magnificent and stylish, https://1popechi.ru/ and match with almost any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The huge demand for flooring tiles under laminate is explained not just with their presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from conventional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it’s frequently used as the main element for decorating flooring.
One of the favorable properties of this material could be distinguished:
- Reliability in operation. The coating doesn’t wear off and doesn’t lose its attractiveness after 50 years;
- security in application. The boards are resistant to high temperature fluctuations, they don’t catch fire;
- neutrality to compound influences. The material is impermeable to water, so it is not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- superb thermal insulating material. Such coatings are suitable for the machine”warm floor”, as they contain clay, which at elevated temperature is able to conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles aren’t inferior to floors made from pure wood or stone.
However perfect this substance is, it isn’t devoid of disadvantages.
The main disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large cost. The product, which can last more than a dozen years is pricey, but in performance, these prices are sure to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of 2 types: ceramic and ceramic stoneware. The very first variant of the coating is obtained from the technologies of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, well withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its external coating is subject to wear and tear over the years.
As for porcelain stoneware, it is made from special varieties of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of natural stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The end result is a lasting and beautiful finishing substance.
The 2 kinds of boards just replicate the proportions and dimensions of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but sometimes square ones are available.