Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

Marriage to Immigrants – Can an Immigration Attorney Help?

A green card marriage visa is a union between a US citizen visa2us and an alien who would ordinarily be ineligible for citizenship due to being unmarried. This status is given by the US federal government for certain categories of people. Some of them are immigrants, minors with particular skills or relatives with permanent residence in america. Green card approval for spouses of US citizens is also given to lawful permanent residents of United States. Green card processing times take longer since the procedure is based on threat.

An immigrant with marriage green card can’t be granted an immigrant visa until he or she is qualified for advance parole. The immigrant can apply for an immigrant visa for the spouse or children coming to the United States together. The US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) grants immigrant visas to spouses who can provide evidence of marriage to their American partner. Evidence of marriage can be provided either via a marriage certificate or a signed marriage certificate from the principal applicant. Sometimes this proof isn’t available from the principal applicant. When the marriage certificate is not available, the applicant must provide documentary evidence such as a notarized copy of the marriage certificate or a birth certificate for the principal applicant.

An immigrant with union green card who wants to bring his or her family along may also apply for an immigrant L-1 visa or an immigrant L visa by applying to the Department of State’s Bureau of Immigration and Customs. There are various programs available for spouses of United States citizens or immigrants who are eligible for naturalization as either an immigrant or non-immigrant. An immigrant with a green card might have to obtain an immigrant visa to be able to host an immediate relative, including himself or herself. Sponsoring an immediate relative requires a signed I visa application.

Permanent resident status (green card) is accomplished through the finish of a legal permanent resident program. To achieve this status, an immigrant must initially enter the United States legally by coming through an airport or landing on an air or sea vessel. After arriving in the United States, the immigrant must be eligible for entry as an immigrant, dependent upon their entrance status and if he or she’s married or not. After attaining the lawful permanent resident status, the immigrant may apply for adjustment of status, known as adjustment of status.

The legal immigrant may also apply for adjustment of status if he or she becomes bankrupt, has a serious medical condition or has separated or divorced his or her spouse. They must not have been granted deportation relief while the application was pending. An immigrant can’t change their status if he or she has entered the country illegally by having purchased or otherwise obtained real property without ensuring that the property was lawfully purchased. Immigrants can’t change their status if they’ve become a public charge like a dependent or unlawful immigrant. He or she can’t change status when the period of legally practicing the profession ends unless he or she first requests that change.

There are two methods used to adjust status. The applicant can go through the naturalization process, also called the visa process, or he or she can register for an immigrant visa, also known as the green card process. Immigration benefits are awarded to lawful permanent residents and their partners who satisfy the prerequisites for attaining green card status. Two of the requirements are that the applicants should have reached age eighteen years; they need to be physically capable of performing the duties required of an immigrant, and they must have an intention to return to India or remain in India forever.

Annually, a certain number of qualified applicants will be chosen to appear at the interview part of the naturalization procedure. Applicants may apply for green card by filling out the application at any US consulate or embassy abroad, or they may apply online at the closest U.S. consulate. During the interview part of the process, applicants should provide documentary proof that they meet all the eligibility requirements. When interviewed, a consular officer will examine the documents provided and determine if the applicants qualify to apply for a green card.

If the applicants do qualify, they will be provided an application that they need to file with the US Department of State. It’s extremely important to not forget that once a green card application is filed in the wrong manner, it might not be processed ever. Because of this, an immigrant visa may not be issued, or the marriage between the foreign spouse and US citizen won’t be legalized. Because of this, it’s quite important for anyone who wants to adjust status to consult an immigration attorney, who can represent them before the USCIS, or immigration judges.